[ovirt-users] connecting to windows 10 vm with tdp

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 14:37:18 UTC 2016

On Po, 2016-04-18 at 07:40 +0000, Zeev Mindali wrote:
> Spice => Simple Protocol for Computer Eniverment

It's most likely a backronym. Neither the first one in IT, nor the last
one...

> I know that the RDP is better for wan uses, so how I can use RDP with
> ovirt instend of spice

You essentially need to:

      * configure Windows to enable and allow RDP
      * make sure that your network can route connection from your
        client system to the VM (and firewalls along the route permit
        you to do so)

Now you're able to connect to your VM but you have to obtain the
connection information yourself. In order to make oVirt ungray the RDP
option, you additionally need to install and start oVirt guest agent so
that ovirt-engine can learn name/IP of the VM - as indicated in link by
Yair.

BTW did you actually _try_ spice? It's true that it needs larger
bandwidth on the slow links. In spite of that, there are some cases
where it can give better UX than RDP.

Best Regards,

David

 <