[ovirt-users] Windows BSOD with virtio serial driver

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 10:25:30 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Kevin C <kevin at famillecousin.fr> wrote:

> Hi list,
>

> I imported two windows boxes from Proxmox to oVirt. I want to install
> ovirt-guest-agent and drivers, but I had BSOD when installing virtio-serial.
>
> How can I have some debug info, and need I this driver ?

You need this driver for the guest agent to report information and
generally work well in Windows. This is the communication channel for the
agent.
While this is a qemu and/or driver issues, we'll need a lot more
information to able to help you, beginning with the version of Windows, the
driver (and where it came from), etc.
Y.