[ovirt-users] Max amount of datacenters per ovirt engine

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 12:46:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think that 1000 hosts per engine is a bit over what we recommend
(and support). The fact that all of them are going to be remote might
not be ideal either. The engine assumes the network connection to all
hosts is almost flawless and the necessary routing and distance to
your hosts might not play nice with (for example) the fencing logic.

I would too recommend you to split the deployment into multiple
engines, especially if you do not plan migrating VMs between satellite
locations.

Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Joost at familiealbers.nl