[ovirt-users] Max amount of datacenters per ovirt engine

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 12:56:25 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 02:29:22 PM Joost at familiealbers.nl wrote:
> Thanks for the response. If possible i would like to reduce the amount of
> tooling. We already have quite a lot. Do you think a single ovirt engine
> could cope?

The reason I mentioned manage IQ is that it would give you one tool to manage
everything. You would not have to do much (perhaps the initial setup) in the
oVirt manager. After that everything goes through manage IQ. Since it is
designed to manage the managers it is much more fault tolerant which appears
to be one of your requirements.

As far as max number of data centers goes. I am not entirely sure to be
honest. But I believe your proposed setup will push the engine beyond it
limits. I would definitely go with multiple engine instances, maybe in zones
where the connection to the hosts is better, and then something to control the
engines from a central location (like manage IQ).