[ovirt-users] Migrate machines in unknown state?

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Wed Aug 3 16:41:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

We're running oVirt 4.0.1 and today I found out that one of our hosts
has all its VMs in an unknown state. I actually don't know how (and
when) did this happen, but I'd like to restore service possibly without
turning off these machines. The host is up, the VMs are up, 'qemu'
process exists, no errors, it's just the VMs running on it that have a
'?' where status is defined.

Is it safe in this case to simply modify database and set those VM's
status to 'up'? I remember having to do this a time ago when we faced
storage issues, it didn't break anything back then. If not, is there a
"safe" way to migrate those VMs to a different host and restart the host
that marked them as unknown?

Thanks.

Nicolás