[ovirt-users] Multipath iSCSI with several IPs

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Thu Aug 4 16:45:17 UTC 2016

Once upon a time, James Michels <karma.sometimes.hurts at gmail.com> said:
> I guess you mean the 'iSCSI multipath' sub-tab under the 'Datacenters' tab.
> There you can assign one or more networks to a iSCSI backend. In my opinion
> you cannot have more than one interface within the same network segment to
> do multipath, as you would have connectivity issues (not sure if ovirt
> restricts creating two overlapping networks)

The way I did it on a test 3.6 cluster was to create two networks in
oVirt, "storage1" and "storage2".  I assigned both networks to the
hosts, connected to different NICs, and gave each an IP (in the iSCSI
subnet).  Then I could set up the iSCSI multipath in the oVirt data
center.  This seems weird/wrong, and I'm not sure oVirt actually
configured both NICs in multipath.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>