[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.6.7 and gluster 3.7.14

Luiz Claudio Prazeres Goncalves luizcpg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 22:07:19 UTC 2016

Hi, it seems the ovirt-3.6-dependencies.repo is pointing the yum repo to
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/$basearch/
and
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/noarch,
however the "LATEST" is now pointing to gluster 3.8.x and not to 3.7.x
anymore.

So, in order to fix it I was forced to manually adjust the yum repo paths
as you can see below.  Is this procedure correct? I would say yes, but it's
always good to double check :)

Also, It's currently running centos 7.2 + ovirt 3.6.6 + gluster 3.7.11
(client) and I'm planning to upgrade to ovirt 3.6.7 and gluster 3.7.14
(client).

The oVirt Cluster is running on top of an external gluster replica 3
cluster, hosting the engine storage domain and vms storage domain, running
the version 3.7.11 which I'm also planning to move to 3.7.14 as well.  I'm
using XFS and not ZFS, which seems to have issues with gluster 3.7.13

Is this upgrade safe and recommended?

Thanks
-Luiz

[ovirt-3.6-glusterfs-epel]

name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several
petabytes.

#baseurl=
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/$basearch/

baseurl=https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.7/3.7.14
/EPEL.repo/epel-7.2/x86_64/

enabled=1

skip_if_unavailable=1

gpgcheck=1

gpgkey=https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/pub.key

[ovirt-3.6-glusterfs-noarch-epel]

name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several
petabytes.

#baseurl=
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/noarch

baseurl=https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.7/3.7.14