[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.0 Hosted Engine

Arsène Gschwind arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch
Mon Aug 8 08:54:17 UTC 2016

On 08/08/2016 10:22 AM, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Arsène Gschwind
> <arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an oVirt setup with 2 server using hosted-engine, both server
>> resgistered properly the hosted-engine using :
>> # hosted-engine --deploy
>>
>> but for some reason the second isn't recognized as a host for hosted-engine
>> and I'm not able to migrate the hosted-engine.
>> The error I get when trying to migrate:
>>
>> Cannot migrate VM. There is no host that satisfies current scheduling
>> constraints. See below for details:
>> The host xxxxxx did not satisfy internal filter HA because it is not a
>> Hosted Engine host..
>>
>> I've tried to redeploy the hosted-engine but this will fail since the host
>> already exists in the management DB.
>> I've tried to redeploy the host using the GUI when editing the Host and set
>> DEPLOY at Hosted Engine but in that case the Event just says the
>> configuration was updated but nothing happens.
>>
>> Is there a way to check if the host is registered as hosted-engine host?
> Can you please execute hosted-engine --vm-status on the problematic host?
Here's the result from the host where hosted engine is running:

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : xxxxxx
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"health": "good", "vm": "up",
"detail": "up"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 3c9dd013
Host timestamp                     : 82115
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
     metadata_parse_version=1
     metadata_feature_version=1
     timestamp=82115 (Mon Aug  8 10:44:12 2016)
     host-id=1
     score=3400
     maintenance=False
     state=EngineUp
     stopped=False

And this is from the problematic host:

Status up-to-date                  : False
Hostname                           : xxxxxxxx
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : unknown stale-data
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 6c959fce
Host timestamp                     : 82149
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
     metadata_parse_version=1
     metadata_feature_version=1
     timestamp=82149 (Mon Aug  8 10:44:45 2016)
     host-id=1
     score=3400
     maintenance=False
     state=EngineUp
     stopped=False

> Do you see any hosted-engine score for it in the engine?
It seems the score is the same on both host

Thanks,
Arsène