[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine Storage Domain Stuck and no Volumes tab?

Dan Lavu dan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 07:28:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Sahina Bose <sabose at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Dan Lavu <dan at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> So this is on 4.0.1, Fedora 23, the engine is running fine on glusterfs,
>> on a 3 replica arbiter 1 volume, the hosted_engine attached storage domain
>> is *stuck* in offline, wondernig if there is anyway to fix that? Since the
>> domain cannot be managed inside the engine.
>>

> Stuck as in error importing the hosted_storage domain? Were there any
> errors in engine/vdsm logs related to this?

It shows inactive, with a lock icon, but the engine is obviously online
since I can get to the GUI.

>> Also I have gluster enabled for one of my clusters but I'm missing a
>> volumes tab to manage the gluster volumes? The hosts, when putting them
>> into maintenaince, I have the option to turn off gluster... I know in
>> 3.5-3.6 volume management was a feature, did this change?
>>

> No, this has not changed. When you edit your cluster - do you see 2
> checkboxes "Enable virt service" and "Enable Gluster service" ? Is the
> gluster service enabled here?

Yes it is.

We've decided to rebuild the homelab due to poor infiniband support in
Fedora, so I won't waste anymore/anyone's time with these questions since
this installation is going to be wiped.

Thanks for replying.