[ovirt-users] oVirt 4 and Gluster network

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 12:02:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Arsène Gschwind <arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have setup an oVirt 4 cluster using Gluster as storage backend.
> I've setup a separate 10 Gb Network for Gluster traffic and tried to use
> that network as written in : https://www.ovirt.org/develop/
> release-management/features/network/select-network-for-gluster/
>
> But I'm not able to find the "Edit - Brick" menu to be able to set the IP
> to use for existing bricks.
> Is this not implemented yet? The feature status says "done".
>
> I've been able to create new bricks using that network and it seems the
> traffic is going trough the right nics.

Edit brick feature that can change a brick's network is not implemented -
it is dependent on the ability to call replace brick where source and
destination brick are the same. This is currently not possible in glusterfs
and hence https://gerrit.ovirt.org/51685 is not yet merged.

However, any brick that you create after you have associated gluster
network with an interface, say nic2, will use the interface nic2 for
creating bricks.