[ovirt-users] import qcow2 image to ovirt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:32:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Amit Aviram <aaviram at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are using ovirt-4.0, you can just upload it to any storage domain
>> you have, from
>> Storage->domain->disks tab->Upload->Start
>> or:
>> Disks->Upload->Start
>>
>> Thanks, Amit.
>>

> I didn't know about it so I just tested uploading a local file.
> Can I only select and put nothing in the lower part of the screen?
> Because I get this error with both the options:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvNzliUWs5a0dGV2c/
> view?usp=sharing
> It seems nothing in engine.log or events
>
> $ qemu-img info /tmp/manageiq_01.qcow2
> image: /tmp/manageiq_01.qcow2
> file format: qcow2
> virtual size: 40G (42949672960 bytes)
> disk size: 1.5G
> cluster_size: 65536
> Format specific information:
>     compat: 0.10
>     refcount bits: 16
>
> On storage domain I have 11Gb free. Would it calculate 40Gb of necessary
> storage or 1.5Gb?
>
> Gianluca

Ok, self answer.
As I have visual problems to notice the square border changes (and didn't
notice the dotted lines under the required fields).
Putting now data inside the upload starts, but then I see message "Paused
by System" in disks page
and in engine.log many mlines of type
2016-08-10 12:28:02,410 WARN
 [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.disk.image.UploadDiskImageCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler9) [4a24dd69] Failed to stop image transfer session.
Ticket does not exist for image '53e2ee54-b710-4872-bea6-fbecfa767bf9'

Also, as I have to specify a size, does that mean that I can use a
different virtual size from the original qcow2 file I'm uploding?