[ovirt-users] 3.6 : iSCSI LUN not detected

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Aug 11 09:27:51 UTC 2016

> Hi Alexis

> Were you able to resolve your storage LUN issue?

> Regards,

> Kevin

I am trying the suggested solution on this post by Nir Soffer : reconnect the storage to the older hypervisor and detach it correctly...But it doesn't work :

>From the DC :
1. I set the storage (which is master data domain) to maintenance mode
2. I try to detach it. I get this error message :

 "Error while executing action: Cannot remove the master Storage Domain from the Data Center without another active Storage Domain to take its place.
-Either activate another Storage Domain in the Data Center, or remove the Data Center.

3. If I go in the storage domain menu, I get only the "destroy option", not "remove", which is maybe not what I want. I'd like to be able to keep the data on it.
4. If I try to remove the datacenter as suggested in the error message I get this error (as the hosted-engine storage is still up) :

"Error while executing action: Cannot remove Data Center which contains active/locked Storage Domains.
-Please deactivate all domains and wait for tasks to finish before removing the Data Center."

5. I can't set the hosted engine storage to maintenance

What should I do ?