[ovirt-users] ovirt-Guest-agent CPU usage

Tadas tadas at ring.lt
Thu Aug 11 12:20:33 UTC 2016

Sorry, managed to send corrupted message.

I do not think there's problems with virtio console drivers. I've
installed ovirt guest tools iso from http://resources.ovirt.org/pub.
 Also I can read data from ovirt agent on hypervisor side by using
socat:
"socat pathtosocketfile  -"
This gives me all information about VM from ovirtagent. But as soon as
i close reading socket, ovirt agent loops in itself and uses whole
single core. If i socat again - load drops and I can see information
from agent again. So problem is that you allways need to have socket
open for read or write on hypervisor side. If not - ovirt agent will
consume one cpu thread. And this happens only in Windows VM.