[ovirt-users] LVM2 Thinprovisioned

Fernando Frediani fernando.frediani at upx.com.br
Thu Aug 11 17:27:42 UTC 2016

Really ? That's pretty bad and another downside unfortunately.

The fact that the only option for block storage is LVM (so there is not
suitable Clustered Filesystem to run QCOW2 files) and now that LVM2
Thinprovisioned is not supported can be a real issue where
Thinprovisioned LUNs are not available in the Storage Controller.

Have these topics ever came up in the feature/product management
meetings are any of them something being considered ?
The same way CPU and Memory overprovision are key features in order to
justify the overall solution cost Storage Thinprovision equally
necessary otherwise the Storage stuff end up costing more than half of
whole platform solution.

Thanks for the answer anyway. Hopefully at least LVM2 Thinprovisioning
comes up anytime soon.

Fernando