[ovirt-users] oVirt updates available on host due to libvirt missing

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 13:37:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> I installed libvirt about 45 minutes ago, but in the web admin gui I
>>> continue to see the icon with the tooltip "update available".. any service
>>> to refresh/restart?
>>>

>> ​Have you installed it using webadmin Upgrade button or manually via yum?
>>

> Via yum, also because this is a test environment with only one host and
> self hosted engine.

​Ahh, so unfortunately you need to wait for tomorrow, notification will be
cleared after next "check for upgrade​
" execution​

In this particular case, using the upgrade button, would it need to put
> host into maintenance even for only libvirt or not?

​Yes, we highly recommend (and support) doing upgrades only when host is in
Maintenance status (no matter if you do that in webadmin or manually using
yum)