[ovirt-users] Best way to create project-based virtual labs

Clint Smith clint.smith.maui at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 17:07:48 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I have gone through work of setting up ovirt and have integrated a directory server.  I am now reading about permissions and quotas; I'm trying to figure out the best mechanisms for sectioning off resources to groups of users that are on different projects.

I would like each member to have the ability to create Vms and templates within their respective project group.  It’s ok if members within the group see the each others Vms, however, I would like to keep team resources isolated to the team, if possible. I’m not sure whether to create a new host, cluster, datacenter, or storage domain for each team. Ovirt seems highly flexible in this area so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks very much!
Clint