[ovirt-users] General system updates policy

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:09:30 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Yaniv Dary <ydary at redhat.com> wrote:

> We try to keep up with latest releases, so it should be quite safe.
>
> Yaniv Dary
>

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 9:01 PM, David Gossage <
> dgossage at carouselchecks.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it considered safe from an ovirt stability standpoint to apply yum
>> updates to the hosts and engine as centos/redhat release them?
>>
>> For example the recent https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2016-1606.html
>> update for qemu.  If I run yum update and update that is their any worry
>> for me that it has not been tested with oVirt and so versions will break
>> something.  Same with kernels, libraries etc..

Just to notice that for this particular errata actually the package
deployed in oVirt is of kind qemu-kvm-ev and not qemu-kvm and its version,
at least for oVirt 3.6 on CentOS is
currently qemu-kvm-ev-2.3.0-31.el7_2.10.1.x86_64 and
not qemu-kvm-1.5.3-105.el7_2.7.x86_64.rpm
I don't know if it is affected too and in that case the expected release
date