[ovirt-users] HostedEngine with HA

Carlos Rodrigues cmar at eurotux.com
Tue Aug 16 10:53:43 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-08-14 at 14:22 +0300, Roy Golan wrote:

> On 12 August 2016 at 20:23, Carlos Rodrigues <cmar at eurotux.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have one cluster with two hosts with power management correctly
> > configured and one virtual machine with HostedEngine over shared
> > storage with FiberChannel.
> >
> > When i shutdown the network of host with HostedEngine VM,  it
> > should be
> > possible the HostedEngine VM migrate automatically to another host?
> >
> migrate on which network?
>
> > What is the expected behaviour on this HA scenario?
>
> After a few minutes your vm will be shutdown by the High Availability
> agent, as it can't see network, and started on another host.

I'm testing this scenario and after shutdown network, it should be
expected that agent shutdown ha and started on another host, but after
couple minutes nothing happens and on host with network we getting the
following messages:

Aug 16 11:44:08 ied-blade11.install.eurotux.local ovirt-ha-agent[2779]:
ovirt-ha-agent
ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config ERROR
Unable to get vm.conf from OVF_STORE, falling back to initial vm.conf

I think the HA agent its trying to get vm configuration but some how it
can't get vm.conf to start VM.

Regards,
Carlos Rodrigues