[ovirt-users] Is hosted engine supported in hosts with diff CPU types?

Fredy Sanchez fredy.sanchez at modmed.com
Wed Aug 17 22:43:05 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am deploying hosted engine in what will hopefully become our 4th oVirt
cluster. The engine is up and running happily in host 1 already, but I am
running into the following when running hosted-engine --deploy in hosts 2
and 3:

The following CPU types are supported by this host:
          - model_Opteron_G3: AMD Opteron G3
          - model_Opteron_G2: AMD Opteron G2
          - model_Opteron_G1: AMD Opteron G1
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Invalid CPU
type specified: model_SandyBridge

Host 1 has an Intel chip. Hosts 2 and 3 have an AMD chip. Is this a
supported config? If so, how can I bypass the error? Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Fredy