[ovirt-users] 3.6 : VLAN / non VLAN

Fernando Fuentes ffuentes at darktcp.net
Thu Aug 18 20:28:05 UTC 2016

 the packets outgoing from em2.25 are tagged, right ?
Yes.

the packets outgoing from em2 are tagged or not?

Not.

 the result is packets inside ovirt are tagged, but when you go out of
 it and reach something from em2, are the packets still tagged ?

When a packet crosses one vlan to another the switch does it magic with
vlan forwarding and routes.
Simple answer is that em2 does not see the tag but packets can reach em2
if you have your switch configure to allow this. If not than only
traffic with tag 35 can talk to each other.

Regards,

--
Fernando Fuentes
ffuentes at txweather.org