[ovirt-users] Windows 2012 R2 on Xeon E5320

Niksa Baldun niksa.baldun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:10:55 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows Server 2012 R2 in oVirt 4.0 on Xeon E5320,
which is recognized as Intel Conroe, When creating a new VM, I am getting
the message "The guest OS doesn't support the following CPUs: opteron_g1,
conroe". There is not much information on the net, but I did find one post
which said that this type of processor is missing "CX16" feature and that
KVM can succesfully boot Win 2012 R2 with "-cpu 'Conroe',+cx16" option. Is
there a way to accomplish this in oVirt? I can see "Custom CPU type" field
in VM properties, but I can't find any documentation on how to use it.

Thanks,

Nikša