[ovirt-users] Problem starting VMs

Wolfgang Bucher wolfgang.bucher at netland-mn.de
Tue Aug 23 13:29:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

the problem is "waiting for launch" takes up to 20 min.

I did a lot of tests with some vm's and th problem is:

1.  create a win2012 server

2. attache a new disk (thin provision)

3. fill the disk from network share with about 100G

4. shutdown the vm

5. reboot host and try starting the vm (takes a lot of time until launch)

It's because of a high fragmented filessystem

Thanks

Wolfgang