[ovirt-users] Could not fetch dashboard data. Please ensure that data warehouse is properly installed and configured.

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 06:28:29 UTC 2016

I've just upgraded Ovirt3.6 to 4.0.2 and I can't get the dashboard to work.

The dashboard page displays this error:

Could not fetch dashboard data. Please ensure that data warehouse is
properly installed and configured.

Running on CentOS 7.2
PostgreSQL server 9.5.4 (remote)

I see these errors being generated in engine.log when I try to display the
dash board

 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.DashboardDataServlet]
(default task-6) [] Unable to retrieve dashboard data:
org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.DashboardDataException: Error
while running SQL query
        at
org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.dao.BaseDao.runQuery(BaseDao.java:60)
[frontend.jar:]
        at
org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.dao.HostDwhDao.getTotalCpuMemCount(HostDwhDao.java:78)
[frontend.jar:]
Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ031083: Wrong driver class
[org.postgresql.Driver] for this connection URL [None]
        at
org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createLocalManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:321)
        ... 66 more

Google returned some hints that it's probably the postgresql java version,
I did have 9.4.xxx installed bu have since downgraded to
postgresql-jdbc-9.2.1002-5

I checked the class path generated by dwh-classpath.sh which seems to be
using the correct JDBC driver.

# /usr/share/ovirt-engine-dwh/bin/dwh-classpath.sh run
:/usr/share/java/dom4j.jar:/usr/share/java/apache-commons-collections.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar

# rpm -qf /usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar
postgresql-jdbc-9.2.1002-5.el7.noarch

Any suggestions on what to try next?