[ovirt-users] 3.6 : Hosted engine High Availability

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 09:29:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Alexis HAUSER
<alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:
> [...]
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Initializing
> [ INFO  ] Generating a temporary VNC password.
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Environment setup
>           Continuing will configure this host for serving as hypervisor and create a VM where you have to install the engine afterwards.
>           Are you sure you want to continue? (Yes, No)[Yes]:
>           Configuration files: []
>           Log file: /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-20160825082809-4evynk.log
>           Version: otopi-1.4.2 (otopi-1.4.2-1.el7ev)
>           It has been detected that this program is executed through an SSH connection without using screen.
>           Continuing with the installation may lead to broken installation if the network connection fails.
>           It is highly recommended to abort the installation and run it inside a screen session using command "screen".
>           Do you want to continue anyway? (Yes, No)[No]: yes
> [ INFO  ] Hardware supports virtualization
> [ INFO  ] Bridge ovirtmgmt already created
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Environment packages setup
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Programs detection
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Environment setup
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Environment customization
>
>           --== STORAGE CONFIGURATION ==--
>
>           During customization use CTRL-D to abort.
>           Please specify the storage you would like to use (glusterfs, iscsi, fc, nfs3, nfs4)[nfs3]: iscsi
>           Please specify the iSCSI portal IP address: x.x.x.x
>           Please specify the iSCSI portal port [3260]:
>           Please specify the iSCSI portal user:
>           Please specify the target name (iqn.1984-05.com.dell:powervault.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, iqn.1984-05.com.dell:powervault.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, iqn.1984-05.com.dell:powervault.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, iqn.1984-05.com.dell:powervault.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [iqn.1984-05.com.dell:powervault.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]:
>           The following luns have been found on the requested target:
>                 [1]     36002219000897d5e000025bd5754b30f       836GiB  DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: used, paths: 1 active
>
>                 [2]     36002219000897d5e00002ea457a406f7       100GiB  DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: used, paths: 1 active
>
>                 [3]     36002219000897d5e00002e5357980305       150GiB  DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: free, paths: 1 active
>
>                 [4]     36002219000897d5e00002fa357ad109e       500GiB  DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: free, paths: 1 active
>
>                 [5]     36002219000897d5e00002fa857ad11c2       80GiB   DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: free, paths: 1 active
>
>                 [6]     36002219000897d5e00002f1657a920a2       587GiB  DELL    MD3000i
>                         status: used, paths: 1 active
>
>           Please select the destination LUN (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) [1]: 2
>           The specified storage location already contains a data domain. Is this an additional host setup (Yes, No)[Yes]?
> [ INFO  ] Installing on additional host
>           Please specify the Host ID [Must be integer, default: 2]:
>
>           --== SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ==--
>
> [WARNING] A configuration file must be supplied to deploy Hosted Engine on an additional host.
> [ INFO  ] Answer file successfully loaded

It seams it correctly loaded it.

>           --== NETWORK CONFIGURATION ==--
>
> [ INFO  ] Additional host deployment, firewall manager is 'iptables'
>           The following CPU types are supported by this host:
>                  - model_Haswell-noTSX: Intel Haswell-noTSX Family
>                  - model_SandyBridge: Intel SandyBridge Family
>                  - model_Westmere: Intel Westmere Family
>                  - model_Nehalem: Intel Nehalem Family
>                  - model_Penryn: Intel Penryn Family
>                  - model_Conroe: Intel Conroe Family
>
>           --== HOSTED ENGINE CONFIGURATION ==--
>
>           Enter the name which will be used to identify this host inside the Administrator Portal [hosted_engine_2]:

This is fine since the name of your new host is not in the answer file.

>           Enter 'admin at internal' user password that will be used for accessing the Administrator Portal:
>           Confirm 'admin at internal' user password:

This is fine too since we are not saving the admin password in the answer file.

> [ INFO  ] Stage: Setup validation
> [WARNING] Cannot validate host name settings, reason: resolved host does not match any of the local addresses
>           Please provide the address of this host.
>           Note: The engine VM and all the other hosts should be able to correctly resolve it.
>           Host address:  [localhost.localdomain]:

This instead is an issue of your env:
your additional host is still named 'localhost.localdomain': of course
the engine VM will be able to resolve it but it will not reach your
host; in that case the engine will just try to add the egnine VM
itself as an host creating a mess.
Since we saw this issue many times in the past from user logs, we are
now explicitly rejecting 'localhost.localdomain' as an host address.