[ovirt-users] Prefered Host to start VM instead of Pinned Host

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 11:53:10 UTC 2016

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:51:44 AM EDT Matt . wrote:
> I don't get what you mean here, if there are two host in this cluster
> without pinning it would chose whatever it wants.
>
> If I create a seperate cluster for each host, I cannot have VM's which
> coult be running on each.
>
> It's more an and/and/or issue

In the edit VM dialog, if you show advanced options, there is a 'host' sub tab
on the left. If you select that, there is a 'start running on' option. You can
select the specific hosts(s) radio button. That will enable the multi select
box that allows you to select a list of hosts this VM can run on. I think that
will do what you are trying to do?