[ovirt-users] Could not fetch dashboard data. Please ensure that data warehouse is properly installed and configured.

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 12:30:32 UTC 2016

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:16:47 PM EDT Shirly Radco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you install ovirt-engine-dwh during the upgrade? Was it installed
> before?
> If it is installed , Can you please check the ovirt-engine-dwh.log file for
> errors?
> If not, It must be installed in order to view the Dashboards. It is
> collecting the statistics used for the dashboards.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Shirly Radco
>
> BI Software Engineer
> Red Hat Israel Ltd.
> 34 Jerusalem Road
> Building A, 4th floor
> Ra'anana, Israel 4350109
>

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Maton, Brett <matonb at ltresources.co.uk>
>
> wrote:
> > I've just upgraded Ovirt3.6 to 4.0.2 and I can't get the dashboard to
> > work.
> >
> > The dashboard page displays this error:
> >
> > Could not fetch dashboard data. Please ensure that data warehouse is
> > properly installed and configured.
> >
> > Running on CentOS 7.2
> > PostgreSQL server 9.5.4 (remote)
> >
> > I see these errors being generated in engine.log when I try to display the
> > dash board
> >
> >  ERROR
> >  [org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.DashboardDataServlet]
> >
> > (default task-6) [] Unable to retrieve dashboard data:
> > org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.DashboardDataException:
> > Error while running SQL query
> >
> >         at
> >         org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.dao.BaseDao.runQuer
> >         y(BaseDao.java:60)>
> > [frontend.jar:]
> >
> >         at org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.dashboard.dao.HostDwhDao.
> >
> > getTotalCpuMemCount(HostDwhDao.java:78) [frontend.jar:]
> > Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ031083: Wrong driver class
> > [org.postgresql.Driver] for this connection URL [None]
> >
> >         at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.
> >
> > LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createLocalManagedConnection(
> > LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:321)
> >
> >         ... 66 more
> >
> > Google returned some hints that it's probably the postgresql java version,
> > I did have 9.4.xxx installed bu have since downgraded to
> > postgresql-jdbc-9.2.1002-5
> >
> > I checked the class path generated by dwh-classpath.sh which seems to be
> > using the correct JDBC driver.
> >
> > # /usr/share/ovirt-engine-dwh/bin/dwh-classpath.sh run
> >
> > :/usr/share/java/dom4j.jar:/usr/share/java/apache-commons-
> >
> > collections.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar
> >
> > # rpm -qf /usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar
> > postgresql-jdbc-9.2.1002-5.el7.noarch
> >

> > Any suggestions on what to try next?

So I think the key here is that your database is remote. And looking at the
logs it is not finding the URL for the remote database properly. If you look
in /etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/10-setup-dwh-database.conf I suspect either
the DWH_DB_URL is missing or incorrect. It should be something like:

DWH_DB_URL="jdbc:postgresql://<remote_db_machine>:<port>/<db_name>?
sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory"

db_name is usually something like ovirt_engine_history. IIRC we don't
automatically configure this file for remote databases. Let me know if the
file is missing, I can get you instructions on how to create it.