[ovirt-users] 3.6 : Hosted engine High Availability

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 15:01:03 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Alexis HAUSER <
alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> >No, in both the case it's referring to the host you are going to add to
> >your engine (the host where you are running hosted-engine --deploy): the
> >first one is a label to easily identify your host, the second one the
> >address to reach it.
>

> Thanks, then it means only the default label is wrong, right ? It should
> be [host_2] (refering to the host itself) instead of [hosted_engine_2]
> (refering to the engine itself), no ?

We are proposing  hosted_engine_1 for the first host involved in
hosted_engine and hosted_engine_n for additional hosts.
A lot of users got confused by this so we are going to remove and simply
use by default the host address as its label; the user will always be able
to rename it from the engine.