[ovirt-users] vdsm memory consumption (ovirt 4.0)

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Mon Aug 29 22:30:04 UTC 2016

I have issues with my ovirt setup related to memory consumption. After
upgrading to 4.0 I noted a considerable grow in vdsm memory consumption.
I suspect that the grow is related to a memory leak.

When I boot up the system and activate the host the memory consumption
is about 600MB. After 5 days running and host in maintenance mode the
memory consumption is about 1,4 GB.

I need to put my hosts in maintenance and reboot to free memory.

Can anyone help me to debug this problem?

OS Version:
RHEL - 7 - 2.1511.el7.centos.2.10
Kernel Version:
3.10.0 - 327.22.2.el7.x86_64