[ovirt-users] oVirt 4 and Neutron

Devin Acosta devin at pabstatencio.com
Fri Dec 2 18:44:48 UTC 2016

Marcin,

I installed the OVN-Central on a dedicated VM that lives on the ovirtmgmt
network, I also installed the OVN-Provider on this same instance. I then
installed the OVN-Controllers on all 3 of my oVirt Nodes, with the OVN
provider driver, and configured the vdsm ovn-controller {central-ip}
{ovirt-node-ip} on each of the boxes. It appears to be running but what I
am noticing is that the ovs-vswitchd process is pegged at 100% on all the
oVirt nodes.

So for instance from oVirt Node 3 (IP 75) the ovs-vsctl shows the IPs for
the other 2 nodes in it's configuration. It seems to be that way across all
3 nodes, they know about the other nodes in the cluster. I was able to
create a network inside of oVIRT using the external provider. After i
create a subnet inside oVirt I do get an error at the top but seems to be
ok?

[image: Inline image 2]

(Output from Node3 IP 75, of: ovs-vsctl show)

61af799c-a621-445e-8183-23dcb38ea3cc
    Bridge br-int
        fail_mode: secure
        Port "ovn-c0dc09-0"
            Interface "ovn-c0dc09-0"
                type: geneve
        Port "ovn-456949-0"
            Interface "ovn-456949-0"
                type: geneve
        Port br-int
            Interface br-int
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "2.6.90"

Example where the (ovs-vswitchd) is running at 100% on all 3 oVirt Nodes.

  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
 1768 root      10 -10   49680  10808   9388 R 100.0  0.0  24:48.85
ovs-vswitchd

[root at ovirt01 openvswitch]# tail -f ovs-vswitchd.log
2016-12-02T18:27:12.174Z|00604|poll_loop|INFO|Dropped 557231 log messages
in last 6 seconds (most recently, 0 seconds ago) due to excessive rate
2016-12-02T18:27:12.174Z|00605|poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to 0-ms timeout at
vswitchd/bridge.c:3031 (100% CPU usage)
2016-12-02T18:27:18.174Z|00606|poll_loop|INFO|Dropped 536053 log messages
in last 6 seconds (most recently, 0 seconds ago) due to excessive rate
2016-12-02T18:27:18.174Z|00607|poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to 0-ms timeout at
vswitchd/bridge.c:3031 (100% CPU usage)
2016-12-02T18:27:24.174Z|00608|poll_loop|INFO|Dropped 536369 log messages
in last 6 seconds (most recently, 0 seconds ago) due to excessive rate
2016-12-02T18:27:24.174Z|00609|poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to 0-ms timeout at
vswitchd/bridge.c:3031 (100% CPU usage)
2016-12-02T18:27:30.174Z|00610|poll_loop|INFO|Dropped 532134 log messages
in last 6 seconds (most recently, 0 seconds ago) due to excessive rate
2016-12-02T18:27:30.174Z|00611|poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to 1-ms timeout at
vswitchd/bridge.c:3031 (100% CPU usage)
2016-12-02T18:27:36.174Z|00612|poll_loop|INFO|Dropped 531659 log messages
in last 6 seconds (most recently, 0 seconds ago) due to excessive rate
2016-12-02T18:27:36.174Z|00613|poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to 0-ms timeout at
vswitchd/bridge.c:3031 (99% CPU usage)

One other thing that I notice is that when I got to Provision a Virtual
Machine from the Main Data Center, my Networks don't show under the NIC
where I could select them? Am I missing something on this?

Thanks very much for your help.

Devin Acosta

602-354-1220 || devin at linuxguru.co