[ovirt-users] Storage domains not found by vdsm after a reboot

Yoann Laissus yoann.laissus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:14:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm running into some weird issues with vdsm and my storage domains
after a reboot or a shutdown. I can't manage to figure out what's
going on...

Currently, my cluster (4.0.5 with hosted engine) is composed of one
main node. (and another inactive one but unrelated to this issue).
It has local storage exposed to oVirt via 3 NFS exports (one specific
for the hosted engine vm) reachable from my local network.

When I wan't to shutdown or reboot my main host (and so the whole
cluster), I use a custom script :
1. Shutdown all VM
2. Shutdown engine VM
3. Stop HA agent and broker
4. Stop vdsmd
5. Release the sanlock on the hosted engine SD
6. Shutdown / Reboot

It works just fine, but at the next boot, VDSM takes at least 10-15
minutes to find storage domains, except the hosted engine one. The
engine loops trying to reconstruct the SPM.
During this time, vdsClient getConnectedStoragePoolsList returns nothing.
getStorageDomainsList returns only the hosted engine domain.
NFS exports are mountable from another server.

But when I restart vdsm manually after the boot, it seems to detect
immediately the storage domains.

Is there some kind of staled storage data used by vdsm and a timeout
to invalidate them ?
Am I missing something on the vdsm side in my shutdown procedure ?

Thanks !

Engine and vdsm logs are attached.

--
Yoann Laissus