[ovirt-users] Storage domains not found by vdsm after a reboot

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:24:45 UTC 2016

I am facing the same issue here as well. The engine comes up and web UI is
reachable. Initial login takes about 6 minutes to finally let me in and
then once I am in under the events tab there is events for "storage domain
<uid> does not exist" yet they are all there. After this comes
'reconstructing master domain' and it tries to cycle through my 2 storage
domains not including ISO_UPLOAD and hosted_engine domains. Eventually it
will either 1.) Settle on one and actually able to bring it up master
domain or 2.) they all stay down and I have to manually activate one

Its not really an issue since on three tests now I have recovered fine but
it required some manual intervention on at least one occasion but otherwise
it just flaps about until it can settle on one and actually bring it up

Clocking it today its usually like this:

7 minutes for HE to come up on node 1 and access to web UI
+6 minutes while hanging on logging in to web UI
+9 minutes for one of the two storage domains to get activated as master

Total around 20 minutes before entire cluster is usable.