[ovirt-users] Single server hosted engine... almost there

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Dec 8 15:28:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

Mark Steckel <mjs at fix.net> writes:

> Am I missing and or just misunderstanding something here?
>
> Oh, and does ip_forwarding need to be set in the kernel? (ie
> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1)

If you expect the host to act as the router for your /29, then yes, it
would need to forward packets.  You will also need to set up the
firewall on the host to properly forward packets through.

It honestly might be easier for you to get an actual router instead of
trying to force your host to act as both host+router.  I suspect the
hosted-engine --deploy script wouldn't really know how to properly
handle the host as a router so it might either break that configuration
or at least not know how to set it up.

> Thanks
> Mark

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745