[ovirt-users] Single server hosted engine... almost there

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Dec 8 16:45:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, December 8, 2016 11:37 am, Mark Steckel wrote:

>> Yeah, I suspect you will need to set up your engine NOT using the
>> appliance, but instead install CentOS and then the engine inside the VM.
>> This will give you more direct access to the engine VM, and should give
>> you the opportunity to set up the bridge routing during the process.
>
> Makes sense, at least in concept.
>
> But are you suggesting that I manually set up the vm for the engine (ie
> not use "hosted-engine --deploy")

No, you should still use hosted-engine --deploy, but use a CentOS install
media instead of a virtual appliance.

>     and then manually run engine setup from w/i the vm?

Yes.  You will need to do that.  But this should give you the opportunity
to test networking, DNS, routing, etc on the host and VM prior to running
engine-setup.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745