[ovirt-users] oVirt / OVN / MTU

Marcin Mirecki mmirecki at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 09:35:51 UTC 2016

Devin,

oVirt does not currently support changing external network mtu from within ovirt (it rather relies on the provider handling this internally).

If you are using OVN DHCP (have subnets defined for a network), you can modify the OVN DHCP options directly in the OVN database.
I have never actually tested this myself, but looking at the OVN documentation, it should do the job on the ports.

The standard OVN way to do so is to use the "ovn-vsctl set DHCP_Options ..." command.
(Unfortunately as I am trying it now it tells me that modifying DHCP_Options is not supported)
Alternatively, you can use the OVS python API (let me know if you need any help on this).

Lance,
Would changing the dhcp:options:mtu suffice?
Could you please comment on how to modify the DHCP MTU using the OVN cmd line?

Thanks,
Marcin