[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine won't deploy

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 08:30:05 UTC 2016

> I am running oVirt 4.0.5 and have a hosted engine and Cluster and Data
> Center say that they are running in 4.0 compatibility mode, so I don't
> understand this error.

Do you see the hosted engine storage domain and the hosted engine VM
in the webadmin? Both should be imported automatically on 3.6+
compatibility level when a master storage domain is added to the
system.

> Alarmingly, I was
> warned that this is deprecated and will not be possible in oVirt 4.1.

We have a nice UI that allows to control the hosted engine deployment
to additional hosts directly from the webadmin. You will be able to
add a hosted engine capable host by just marking it as such in the Add
host dialog.

--
Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt