[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4.0 spice console attempting to connect to HV private IP

Edward Clay edward.clay at uk2group.com
Fri Dec 16 19:54:49 UTC 2016

We just found the issue.  In the cluster logical networks it has a
display network that was pointing to the management netowrk(private not
accessible network).

system > data center > cluster > logical networks tab

I changed the display network to the public network. Now I'm able to
access the console on new vms.  That is after I restart them.

Thanks for taking some time to respond.

On 12/16/2016 12:51 PM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>> On 16 Dec 2016, at 19:57, Edward Clay <edward.clay at uk2group.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've recently upgraded from ovirt 3.6 to 4.0 and have run into an issue
>> that I'm not finding an explanation or solution to.  Currently when I
>> create a new VM and start it up and attempt to connect to the console I
>> get the following error.
>>
>> "Unable to connect to the graphic server Could not connect to 10.1.1.1:
>> Socket I/O timed out"
>>
>> If I attempt to launch a console for a VM created before the upgrade it
>> opens successfully. If I save the console.vv file I can see that the HV
>> public IP address is in this file.  If I do the same thing for the
>> failing vm and I see the HV private mgmnt network IP.  I'm not finding
>> where I can change which IP is used for console access or a difference
>> in how the VMs created before the upgrade are configured compared to the
>> new VMs.
>>
>> I should also note that I attempted to change the IP in the failing VMs
>> console.vv file and then use it with the remove-viewer spice client and
>> it fails to connect to the port.
>>
>> Any guidance on how to identify what's wrong is greatly appreciated.
> Hi,
> I wonder if you have anything special around resolving the hosts. Do
> you use names in engine? Are both engine and hosts using same dns? How
> does host's networking look like? What IP is the qemu procces bind to?
>
> You can also try to use Display IP Override in Host dialog
>

> Thanks,
> michal
>> --
>> Best regards,