[ovirt-users] Allocating only "x" amount of physical memory to hypervisor node

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 09:55:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I believe we do not support this, but there is something similar in
the VDSM configuration (/etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf). There are two options:
host_mem_reserve and extra_mem_reserve that allow you to reserve
memory for the OS and your application.

You should be aware of features like fencing though. oVirt can decide
to reboot the host and that is probably not what you want when a
custom application is running there as well.

Is there any reason why the application cannot be run inside a VM?

Best regards

--
Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt