[ovirt-users] Windows Product Activation

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 16:26:20 UTC 2016

Windows activation, at least for 2008 and below, depend on enough hardware
changes to happen. Each HW (of non-pluggable devices) change is a single
'penalty' point - except for NIC (based on MAC address) which is more. 4 or
so points - and it requires re-activation. This does not apply to KMS
licenses.

So unless you drastically change the hardware, you should be safe.
Y.