[ovirt-users] "Deactivating Storage Domain" error

Liron Aravot laravot at redhat.com
Mon Dec 26 21:23:30 UTC 2016

Hi Juan, see the reply inline

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Juan Pablo <pablo.localhost at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Liron, Marry christmas!
>
> 1- [root at virt01-int ~]# vdsClient -s 0 getStorageDomainInfo
> e6a85203-32e0-4200-b3d7-83f140203294
>     uuid = e6a85203-32e0-4200-b3d7-83f140203294
>     vguuid = fDclFZ-KLel-t36P-VAFm-hyle-RxcU-uOc7gj
>     state = OK
>     version = 3
>     role = Master
>     type = ISCSI
>     class = Data
>     pool = ['58405b2d-0094-0380-0260-0000000000a5']
>     name = nas01
> 2- which file do you want me to share ?

I've meant to the status of the domain as appears in the web ui.

> how do I perform task a and b you mention? is there a guide somewhere ?
You need to login to the engine database, IIRC the default is "engine".
Please make sure to backup you db before you perform manual operation
(those operations are safe, but just in case).

a. psql -U engine -d engine
b. select job_id, description from job where description like '%Deactivating%';
c. delete from job where job_id='JOB_ID_FROM_PREVIOUS_QUERY';

Let me know how it went,
Liron