[ovirt-users] Mixing CPU types

Matthew Trent Matthew.Trent at lewiscountywa.gov
Mon Feb 1 19:13:04 UTC 2016

Though our new oVirt setup is better in most ways, cross-CPU-type migration is one of the features I miss from Proxmox. KVM supports mixed-CPU migration for a while now, even between AMD and Intel.

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Migration

I'm using a bunch of re-purposed servers with a mix of AMD and Intel. I separate them into clusters, as noted, but it sure would be nice to be able to live migrate between them. :)

--
Matthew Trent
Network Engineer