[ovirt-users] howto change hosted-engine config memory

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 08:26:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Paul Groeneweg | Pazion <paul at pazion.nl>
wrote:

> I am trying to change memory of my hosted engine.
> I am running oVirt 3.6 with CentOS 6 Hosts with hosted engine on nfs3

We didn't build VDSM and hosted-engine-ha from 3.6 for Centos 6 so
basically your hosts are still with oVirt 3.5.

In order to edit the hosted-engine VM on oVirt 3.5, you have to:
1. set global-maintenance mode
2. shutdown the engine VM
3. manually edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/vm.conf on each host (keeping ti
coherent is up to you, take a backup)
4. restart ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent services on each host.
5. exits global maintenance mode

Updating to oVirt 3.6 you will be able to edit some parameters of the
engine VM from the engine itself.