[ovirt-users] Migrate Hosted Engine to new iSCSI san with new IP/Target

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 08:47:16 UTC 2016

Hi Bill,
in order to provide HA, the hosted-engine HA services should be able to
autonomously connect the shared storage from each hosted-engine involved
host.

The storage configuration is in /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf

So:
1. set global-maintenance mode
2. shutdown the engine VM
3. manually edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf on each host
4. here we have a delicate point: on restart ovirt-ha-agent will connect
the new storage server but the issue is that it will not call
disconnectStorageServer on the previously connected one so you will
probably end with VDSM that has still a reference also to the previous
location and this can cause timeouts and so on if not available. Restarting
VDSM is probably not enough since the the symlinks under /var/run/vdsm will
not be refreshed if they are already there (  ) so I'd suggest to reboot
all the hosts to avoid any possible issue.
5. exits global maintenance mode