[ovirt-users] Set default console in oVirt 3.6 (NoVNC VS. Native)

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Tue Feb 2 11:48:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

with oVirt 3.5 (and prior) it was possible to set the default console like this:

# engine-config -s ClientModeVncDefault=NoVnc

Unfortunately, starting with oVirt 3.6 this doesn't seem to work anymore.

The root cause seems to be that I am no longer allowed to use the previous
Video Type for my VMs ("Other OS"), oVirt forces me to choose "QXL" for
several VMs now. And hence I am presented with both SPICE and VNC as console
options (although I don't want to use SPICE at all).

What's the new way to set NoVNC as default console in that case?
Is there still a way to set VNC as default for "QXL"?

A related question: How to set the default console for SPICE to "SPICE HTML5"?

Regards
- Frank