[ovirt-users] Migrate Hosted Engine to new iSCSI san with new IP/Target

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 18:31:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Bill Taney <bill at taney.com> wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. I can see
> the vm and control it with hosted-engine on the node itself and can use the
> web administration page as well as SSH into the VM, it appears functionally
> fine. However the Hosted Engine VM does not show up in the web gui and I
> had thought that was by design but I am not sure. Is there anything you
> want me to check? Thanks again for your continued patience.

On oVirt 3.6, the engine should auto-import the hosted-engine storage
domain into the engine and you should see the engine VM in the engine as a
regular VM.
You will be able to manage that VM and edit soma parameters from the
engine; all the modification will be saved in the OVF_STORE and reload by
ovirt-ha-agent when the engine VM will restart.

Can you please check if you see the hosted-engine storage domain into the
engine webadmin?