[ovirt-users] All snapshots read only

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:14:57 UTC 2016

Hi and thanks for the response

1) RHEV v3.5.7
2) The VM was powered on and running fine when the snapshot was taken (this
is done through cron)
3) The snapshot was created via a Python oVirt SDK script
4) The status is showing "OK" for both the VM's disks and the snapshots
disks.

As a test, I took a snapshot of another VM that was running OK.  When the
snapshot was completed, the delete buttn was greyed out.

I turned the original server off and found that the snapshot button was no
longer greyed out.  When I turned the server back on, the delete button is
greyed out again.

My API script that creates the snapshots also deletes the snapshot from 7
days ago.  I see that the last successfully deleted was on Jan 26.  We
upgraded from v3.5.0 to v3.5.7 on Jan 24.  Nothing changed on the server
after Jan 24 so I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks