[ovirt-users] Consolidating LUNs in iSCSI storage domain

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:34:50 UTC 2016

Hi and thanks for the response

Is there any way that this could be done without putting the entire
datacenter (and I assume shutting done all the VMs) into maintenance mode?

I was thinking along the lines of:
- Put all hosts except for the the SPM into maintenance mode
- Determine which LUNs match to the "/dev/dm-*" devices that the three I
want to remove (rhev-data01, rhev-data02, rhev-data03)
- Determine which LUN matches the "/dev/dm-*" devices that I want to keep (
rhev-data04)
- pvmove rhev-data01 rhev-data04
- pvmove rhev-data02 rhev-data04
- pvmove rhev-data03 rhev-data04

The pvmove commands above for illustration only, I know thats not how the
LUNs would be called.

Does that look like it would work?

Thanks