[ovirt-users] Problem about connecting iscsi server

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:17:08 UTC 2016

Il 05/Feb/2016 09:20, "İren SALTALI" <saltalii at itu.edu.tr> ha scritto:

> I'm trying to setup oVirtManager on Centos 7. Here is the configurations:

[Snip]

> I can see iqn of iscsi from oVirtEngine Machine via terminal. Like this:
>
> # iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 192.168.1.44:3260
> 192.168.1.44:3260,1 iqn.2016-01.vdsm.localhost:SCSI1
>
> But I cannot connect same machine form oVirtManager. I get this error:
>
> No new devices were found. This may be due to either: incorrect multipath
configuration on the Host or wrong address of the iscsi target or a failure
to authenticate on the target device. Please consult your Storage
Administrator.

It is the host, not engine, that has to establish connection to iSCSI
target, so you have to verify that connectivity...
see PROCEDURE 7.7at
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide#Preparing_and_Adding_Block_Storage

Hih,
Gianluca