[ovirt-users] packet loss ingress to engine VM

Charles Kozler charles at fixflyer.com
Sun Feb 7 01:05:07 UTC 2016

I cannot figure this out for the life of me but its been an issue. it
eventually resolves itself once everything has "settled" after I bring the
hosted-engine VM up but it takes anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour to
completely settle

http://imgur.com/a/o4S5m

The picture is the best way I can describe it. From the node the engine is
running on I ping the engine VM and packet loss is great. When I ping FROM
the VM out to the outside world (or any IP really) there is no packet loss

I have ruled out physical connectivity issues and RSTP/STP is not enabled
on the switches that the ovirtmgmt network is connected to

This causes a problem because the inbound checks from the nodes fails (I
guess you use ICMP?) and then it starts to enter a constant flap state
where the engine keeps migrating around

--

*Charles Kozler*
*Vice President, IT Operations*

FIX Flyer, LLC
225 Broadway | Suite 1600 | New York, NY 10007
1-888-349-3593
http://www.fixflyer.com <http://fixflyer.com>

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT ONLY FOR THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
WHICH IS PROPRIETARY TO FIX FLYER LLC.  ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE, COPYING,
DISTRIBUTION, OR DISSEMINATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  ALL RIGHTS TO THIS
INFORMATION IS RESERVED BY FIX FLYER LLC.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS
E-MAIL FROM YOUR SYSTEM AND DESTROY ANY COPIES.