[ovirt-users] lvm_dev_whitelist vdsm.conf option

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 15:19:17 UTC 2016

On 16/02/16 13:46 +0100, Johannes Tiefenbacher wrote:
>On 2016-02-15 17:05, jojo wrote:

>>>Yes this option should be exactly what you are looking for.  You
>>>specify a comma separated list of glob expressions and vdsm will
>>>instruct lvm to ignore all devices which are not matched by your list.
>>>
>>>See:
>>>https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/lvm_filters.html
>>>
>>>for more background information on the LVM filters.
>>>

>>perfect, I will try this out.
>>thanks a lot for your answer.
>>all the best
>>Jojo
>
>Hi Adam,
>
>I configured this now but I am not sure how I could confirm if I have
>the syntax correct.
>I want vdsm to leave alone the VGs called ovirt and kvmvg.
>

>lvm_dev_whitelist = [ "r|^/dev/kvmvg|", "r|^/dev/ovirt|" ]

This is a whitelist not a blacklist.  You should only specify the
devices you want to allow.  Sorry if that's not ideal for you here but
it's the way the code currently works.  Please do not use the r||
syntax.  Just use a comma separated string of wildcards that you want
to allow.  For example:

lvm_dev_whitelist = "^/dev/fast*,^/dev/furious*"

You should be able to check the vdsm log and see the lvm queries will
include your whitelist converted into the format expected by the lvm
commands.

--
Adam Litke