[ovirt-users] Manually assign DC and Cluster to Blank template

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Thu Feb 18 07:49:06 UTC 2016

El 2016-02-17 22:55, Greg Padgett escribió:
> On 02/16/2016 07:56 AM, nicolas at devels.es wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We upgraded from oVirt 3.5 and 3.6 and deleted the Default cluster, so
>> now we have the Blank template with no DC and no Cluster, thus our
>> users
>> can't use it.
>>
>> Is there a way to manually set these two parameters to the current DC
>> and Cluster values for the Blank template? I tried editing it but see
>> no
>> option to set them.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Nicolás
>>

> Hi Nicolás,
>
> Removing the default cluster should be ok, since the templates don't
> bind VMs to a DC/Cluster--you should be able to specify the DC/Cluster
> when creating a VM.
>
> HTH,
> Greg

Hi Greg,

I'll elaborate a bit further on the issue. I'm attaching a screenshot of
the 'Templates' tab on the webadmin pane - As you can see, all of them
have a Data Center and a Cluster assigned (columns 4 and 5) but the
Blank template (because we deleted the default DC). Even if this
template has the 'Everyone' permission, as we're granting permissions to
our users on the Data Center, they are not able to see the Blank
template in the list when deploying new machines in the userportal view,
so currently they necessarily need to choose a template from the list
which is not Blank, and that's an issue to some of them.

That's why I was wondering if there's a manual way to assign the DC and
Cluster to the Blank template, even modifying it directly in the DB, so
the users see it in the userportal.

Any hint is very appreciated.

Regards,

Nicolás